Star Wars Episode 9: Trailer Analysis, Easter Eggs, Fan Theories and much more..
The ‘trilogy of trilogies’ comes to an end as Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker premieres in USA on December 20, 2019.
Till today, two trailers have been released and the social media is still in a frenzy over the film’s nearing release. The 3rd and final trailer will be released on October 14th, 2019. Be sure to check it out!
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – Teaser:
Star Wars Episode 9 Final Trailer (2019):
Let’s get down and dirty, shall we now?
What will ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker?’ bring to the table?
New planets, new species, new robots, new rebels, you name it – the movie’s got it.
- Dominic Monaghan, teaming up for the second time with Director J.J Abrams after ‘Lost’, was cast to play an unknown role.
- Naomi Ackie (‘Doctor Who’, ‘The Five’) plays a rebel named Jannah who has been theorized to be the daughter of the one and only, Lando Calrissian.
- A new planet named ‘Pasaana’ is introduced alongwith the ‘Aki-aki’, the native population of the planet.
- Dio, the new droid: the robotics team for Star Wars has excelled again with the introduction of a new droid named Dio.
Return of the epics:
The final instalment in the Star Wars’ Sequel trilogy marks the return of some of the most legendary characters, like so-
- Lando Calrissian – Billy Dee Williams strikes back (pun intended) as the smooth-talking smuggler turned galactic hero, Lando Calrissian.
- Emperor Palpatine/ Darth Sidious – After watching the most powerful Sith Lord dying like a p***y in The Return of the Jedi, the return of Emperor Palpatine has become the most talked aspect of Star Wars Episode 9.
This [Palpatine’s return] has been in the blueprint for a long time. Yeah, we had not landed on exactly how we might do that, but yes, it’s always [been in the works].– Kathleen Kennedy, Producer, in an interview with Yahoo! Entertainment.
- The Empire: Yeah, baby! They are back. Again. The movie trailer shows us a fleet of Imperial Stardestroyers indicating the return of the Empire.
Graphic Effects and Audio Mixing-
The graphics have only improved with time. I loved the Audio mixing; from the screech of the TIE interceptor to the ‘Darth Vader breathing sound’, every sound, musical score made me eager to book a ticket for the movie.
Oh! You have to see her cosplaying as Darth Maul. Daisy Ridley as Rey is best thing is this trilogy.
Okay so, the extended trailer ends up with Rey sporting a double-bladed lightsaber very similar to the one used by Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
“Dark Rey” theories are circulating the web ranging from it being just a vision or a misdirection,
The reason why the extended trailer revisits moments from all the previous movies is to not only bring an end to the Sequel Trilogy but also to the 42 years of interconnected story-telling which made up this epic space-saga.
Much like Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame where the collective story-line of all the 22 movies was brought to a satisfying end; Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker aims to do the same i.e. to tie-up all the loose ends and answer the unanswered questions.