If you have ever read an article about anything remotely scientific then you MUST have noticed these words at least once – “According to the chemical analysis lab results…” or “As per the findings made in the chemical analysis lab…” C’mon! You know you’ve read it.
So, what exactly goes on in a chemical analysis lab? HOW findings are made using TLC? WHY should you have anything to do with it?
WHAT IS TLC IN A CHEMICAL ANALYSIS?
Simply speaking, Thin-Layer Chromatography is just like a person zooming in on an image until it is nothing but huge blurry pixels. Now imagine, instead of an image, there is a sample containing either a pharmaceutical/herbal drug, blood sample, cosmetic serum sample, etc. and your hand is a fancy microscope which can magnify until you can see the molecules and components which made up the sample.
HOW DOES TLC AFFECT OUR DAILY LIVES?
- In food and cosmetic industry – TLC method is used for separation and identification of colours, preservatives, sweetening agent and various cosmetic products.
- In pharmaceutical industry – various pharmaceutical companies use the TLC technique for detecting an impurity in a pharmacopeial chemical.
- In chemistry: TLC method separates and identifies compounds which are closely related to each other. This comes very handy when we need to decipher and isolate what components have made up a specific compound. All labs for chemical analysis uses TLC in their day-to-day functioning.
- Biochemical analysis: TLC methodology is utilitarian in isolation or separation of biochemical constituents from samples of body fluids, blood plasma, urine etc.
- Purity of any sample: Purity of sample can be carried out with TLC. Deviations are measured between the sample and its corresponding standard; if any impurity is detected, then it can be detected easily.
- In Medicines: Medicines like sedatives, local anaesthetics, analgesics and steroids have been tested qualitatively by the TLC method.
Anchrom Enterprises Private Limited is an HPTLC Specialist company in Mumbai. They provide equipment, analysis, training using HPTLC to solve most chemical analysis problems in herbal drugs and other organic samples.
Collaborate with Anchrom to avail latest technology in chemical analysis. Visit their official website at www.anchrom.in or call 7506792122 for more information.